Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bah Humbug....

I could not sleep last night, and no, not because of the dog - he still has not shown back up - All because I did not do Christmas cards this year......Crazy, huh? I could not quit thinking about it, because I do Christmas cards every year - Now naturally, being the Sunday morning before Christmas there is no way possible I am gonna get Christmas cards out in time...So my next thought is well, maybe I should just send them out late with Happy Holidays on them, or I could be really weird and send out New Year's cards or something.....

The real problem was we were late getting our tree up and usually I take a picture of the kids in front of the tree for my cards (except last year when I bought Christmas Story cards because I LOVE that movie - I am one of the freaks that will watch it for 24 hours when they have that marathon on TBS - plus they were really funny one even had Ralphie with his Red Ryder BB gun saying You'll shoot your eye out....but anyway back to my point) This year our tree got put up pretty much on schedule then of course some of the lights wouldn't work - Len was going to fix that, and so it set there for almost two weeks before he finally just went and bought a bunch of new lights.....(For any smarty pants who says why didn't I just fix it myself - I refuse to do things Len says he is gonna do because if I did them I would never get him to do ANYTHING! - Although it is very frustrating when he doesn't do things like this in a prompt manner...) so by then the bah humbug bug had bitten me and I was like just screw it we won't even have a tree......(No, with three kids this wasn't really an option and I wouldn't do that I am not the Grinch...)but you can see how my schedule was thrown off, right?

So we have received lots of cards and Len was looking at them and says "So, what did you do for our Christmas cards?" and I said "Ummmm, what Christmas cards?" and so with an astonished look he goes a little further..."You didn't do Christmas cards? and since it is Christmas and Santa is watching me I did not cuss him and say what I wanted to...I just said "Nope, never did get around to that".... Now, this is driving me nuts - This forces me to do the following: With you people reading my blog as my witness...I hereby vow to do Christmas cards every year - short of some unforeseen illness or tragedy, because this is REALLY bugging me....and while I was lying there thinking how stupid this is to be awake in the middle of the night and thinking about this, I start thinking......I wonder what so and so will think, will they think I shunned them this year? Will they even miss me not sending one (and yes, again I am one of those freaky people who think - Hey, I haven't gotten a card from so and so - I guess because my life is boring that way- not that it bothers me if someone doesn't send me a card I just have people who regularly do so - so then you just kind of expect one -) and then so and so had such a cute picture of their kids, I want to show mine off too...So I am open to suggestions here....

The only solution I have thought of to somewhat calm my nerves is that I am gonna have some extra wallets of my kids made from my recent Friends of the Animals pictures (Very cute my 3 kids and the St. Bernard by a Christmas tree) and send them along with a HANDWRITTEN - Yep, I said HANDWRITTEN note to my peeps...(Bet after a few of them I will have paid my penance and never make this mistake again...)that way I still get to show off my kids, people know I did not shun/forget them, (I am just chronically late like usual....)plus I don't piss all the people off with the whole Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays debate if I try to send anything out immediately (for the record I am a Merry Christmas person under normal circumstances) and everyone will be happy, right? Yeah, I know I might should be on some sort of medication, huh? more later...have to go for now - getting on Ebay to find some really cute personalized stationery for those HANDWRITTEN cards......

2 Comments:

Dianne said...

Please girl, buy some generic cards, stick in the pics, and BLAME IT ON THE POST OFFICE. I don't even mail mine. I hand them out when I see people. Very FRUGAL. Much nicer than I am cheap and don't want to waste a stamp on you. Been doing it that way for years.

Kaye Butler said...

Hey!

I am just now mailing out my Christmas cards. Um, don't feel bad. Last second stress is the best stress ever!