Friday, December 12, 2008

Life is good...

Tee hee Tee hee - Today was fun.....ways I ruined the 13 year old drama queens day today:

1.) Took her to the dentist

2.) Breathed air in the same car with her

3.) Took her to get her third Gardasil shot (which by the way I HIGHLY personally recommend everyone get their teen or preteen daughter....)

4.) Spoke to her

5.) Took away her phone for the ENTIRE weekend (the world may end, huh?) because she did not turn in her Science vocabulary words this week and got a 0 on them. I mean seriously vocab words? that is just an easy A, and there is no excuse for being too lazy to do that.....She says she turned them in meaning the teacher miraculously lost only her paper (which I know could happen, but I also know my child - her dad is fixing to dig thru her backpack and I would lay odds he finds it - that is if she actually did it....) She also was told that she doesn't get said phone back until she turns them in - she said she can't because it was a worksheet or something and "she already turned them in" so I said well since you aren't getting credit anyway you can just write all them down and their definitions and turn those in....Her response...Well, why would I do that if I don't get credit for it? Missing the point entirely.....

6.) my mere existence....

7.) Will not buy her the new Northface jacket she wants and give it to her NOW, instead of for Christmas (what a whole two weeks away?)

8.) I have not developed a chronic case of laryngitis preventing me from talking to her at all....

Yep, today was a good day.....

1 Comment:

Kaye Butler said...

I know those vocab words...they caused GRIEF last night at our house.

Tell Alex, MaryMargaret has been ground from her phone since September...she's still breathing.