Sunday, December 28, 2008

bring it on 2009....

Can you believe in 4 days it will be 2009? Of course it will take me 3 or 4 months to get used to writing that on my checks...In some ways I am ready for this year to be gone, this was after all the year that I got fired from my job after 4 1/2 years (which TRULY sucks - I don't recommend it to anyone) then was replaced by someone I used to consider a friend who apparently stabbed me in the back and twisted the knife around - but I will save all that drama for another post.....But is it just me or did this year fly by?

Then it was the year Alex became a teenager - and so far we are both surviving it (although it is early - her birthday was just earlier this month) I also apparently hit my head or sniffed too much fingernail polish because I agreed to host a party with 2 other kids for a big New Year's Eve party/Happy 13 birthday party, so now that the stress of Christmas is over I can stress about this upcoming party, complete with DJ, party hats, and horns......So my wild and crazy New Year's Eve will be spent at the EACC tech center chaperoning a bunch of hormonal 13 year olds - WOO HOO - Party on.....And as a responsible adult chaperone I won't even be able to drink (and who wouldn't need a drink after putting up with approximately 150 of said hormonal teenagers) so wish me luck my friends....I'll post more if I survive it.....

P.S. In other happy news Jackson has not yet injured himself on the dirt bike he got for Christmas, and Alex has decided she wants one.....

2 Comments:

Kaye Butler said...

WE are stressed because WE can't find the right outfit for this party you are throwing...we are shopping till we drop! They want Hollywood glamour...

Kaye Butler said...

In response to the comment on my blog...

My elbows hurt.

I didn't know my elbows could hurt.