Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ever had one of those days?

Today was mine...as if the dreary rainy day wasn't enough....I finally find the house I am supposed to be going to - in the middle of nowhere outside of Palestine (I am currently doing in home assessments for an insurance company so I travel all over Mississippi, Crittenden, Cross & St. Francis Co.) after three phone calls trying to find the right house. See my patient, quickly do my paperwork - because I am running late since it took me awhile to find the right house. Go to leave, try to turn around and get stuck in the patients yard.....So much for that running a few minutes late.....

Not just a little stuck, huge ruts with the front wheels buried.... Let me just say I HATE THIS D**N Toyota Camry. (For anyone who doesn't know I traded in my nice black suburban when gas went thru the roof and got this car for the great gas mileage - yeah, whatever - hate it!) so in the pouring down rain my patient is trying to get me unstuck. First tries pushing my car - which ain't happening.....Then leaves me and goes down the road to see if he can get some help, comes back with a chain and tries 3 times to pull me out to no avail, because there was nothing to hook the chain to on this car....One hour after this began the Triple J wrecker arrives and pulls me out in a matter of minutes.....Embarassing, yep....it was.....Fortunately, I looked so pitiful (from standing in the rain - picture a drowned rat) the wrecker guy only charged me $25.

The crappy way the day began involved an arguement with the teenage drama queen over a glitzy silver & black short sleeved shirt I bought for her to wear to a New Year's party that she wanted to wear to school today. I refused to let her, which brought on a complete dramatized crying spell, which only made me madder....I think any minute her head may spin around at times. My mother is enjoying every minute of this saying "You are paying for your raising" - I really don't remember being that bad but apparently Len was or something because one of us might not live til her 18th birthday.... I think I am going to see if one of my catholic friends can get me some holy water. Would it be irreverant to put it in a SuperSoaker watergun and shoot her from a safe distance?

1 Comment:

Kaye Butler said...

OMGosh. We have the same battles over clothes.

Tell me, we know there will be fighting over wearing this crap to school, so, why, do we deliberately, torture ourselves? Buy them One piece jump suits, all the same color, underwear all the same, etc. and live a happy life...

BTW...MM's nickname on my blog....
YARM13YOL-you are ruining my 13 year old life....which she screams at me all the time.