Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random updates

Not much new here, but for those of you who have wondered - So what happened with the dog?, and was the kid lying about the vocab words? Wait no more..

Knock on wood the dog has temporarily disappeared...Dog catcher was there (after my millionth call) one day last week - I missed the actual pursuit and do not know whether he actually caught the dog or not, but it hasn't been back all weekend and thus far this week (now you know why I haven't posted in like 5 days - I have been sleeping you guys....)

Drama queen was SO busted when Science vocabulary worksheet appeared in her Arkansas History folder turned around backwards and ....wait for it......wasn't even completed (for those of you thinking I was mean for not giving her the benefit of the doubt - told ya - I know that kid... sneaky one or so she tries to be or you could just say liar, liar, pants on fire...) So instead of KNOWING she turned it in and teacher must have lost it we back tracked to well, I thought I turned it in....(yeah right, and I just fell off the freaking turnip truck that's why it was turned around backwards and hidden in another folder......) I verified with the teacher that she did turn it in on Monday......Semester tests this week - that should be a whole other post once those grades get here - we were reviewing tonight and any question she didn't know the answer to she said "well, that's not gonna be on the test" Oh, I guess she just put that on the STUDY GUIDE for grins and giggles.......Now you know why the blog is called calgon take me away, right?

In happy news I have not gotten stuck in any patient yards this week, although after pulling up in one driveway today the woman says "You didn't pull all the way down the hill did you? Well you might be ok"...Needless to say I was a little anxious after that - I mean you can only pay so many wrecker bills before you go why in the hell did I get out of bed this morning? I got lucky and didn't get stuck, however don't think it has been a bed of roses around here because this is the latest......

I have bought stuff on eBay for years (love it!) - I even take the time to read people's feedback before I buy stuff - but after my most recent purchase - a Christmas gift for drama queen) I paid thru paypal then get this email from eBay a day later saying that it was a fraudulent seller and I should not pay or take steps to file a dispute...Well, Merry Christmas - so not only is drama queen not getting that gift I am gonna have to fight to get my money back....apparently someone hacked into this seller with the 100% positive feedback's account and set up a fake auction from China....lovely...more later, I am going to sleep before the dog shows back up....

3 Comments:

Kaye Butler said...

Strangely, I find comfort in the fact that there is someone else out there that gets the same lie lie lie about homework and test. Seriously, MM said this week...Mrs. Cothern said we only needed to know half of the study guide and I guess I studied the wrong half.

She is temporarily still breathing.

jennisg said...

That is exactly why I love reading your blog so much - I so relate!!!!

jennisg said...

That is exactly why I love reading your blog so much - I so relate!!!!