Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Joining the mafia

Not a lot new around here....Drama Queen wore the two piece (with board shorts) so I let her "win" that battle....One of my best friends from high school called me out on that and won me over (she made me feel REALLY old :) thanks C) but I probably would have broke down and let her wear it anyway because let's get real here folks (having been a 13 yr. old awhile ago OK a long while, I know the first thing I probably would have done was "borrow" a two piece from my friend), so as not to encourage deceit and lying I gave in..... Friend pointed out I should pick my battles and since I am sure there are so many more to come I guess I will concede to fight another day........I am currently speaking to Drama Queen on an as needed basis only because she hurt my feelings/made me mad b/c she did NOT call me while she was gone after telling me she would call me EVERYDAY.....I gave in and called her once and she was rude and short on the phone (knowing I could not ground/beat her from that far away) so I refused to call her (cause I'm real mature like that) - I still at the age of 35 talk to my mother AT least once a day (call me a mommas baby if you like....) and so I do not think this was unreasonable so I could make sure things were going well, she was OK, and having a good time, etc.....I was only asking for maybe a few minutes before she went to bed or something......I will probably forgive her after she grovels for a few days.....

I did go back to work (YAY!) doing the contract job for an insurance company - so at least it is income, unfortunately that leaves me less time to do important things like sit and read blogs, play on the computer, etc......However, I have found time for my latest obsession which is Mafia Wars on facebook....This is highly addictive folks.....Anyone who knows me well knows I have an inner gangsta anyway......( I mean where else can I become a slumlord, rob a pimp, and steal a car all in one day?) So when I asked husband to help me think of a good mafia name he says "Girls don't join the mafia, haven't you ever watched the Godfather?" To which I replied "Well, maybe there are girl gangsters - they just don't get caught and that's why you don't hear about them...." How sexist is that? (Making me all the more determined to be the "best gangster" I can be....)So anybody got any name suggestions for me? It has to be feminine, yet tough.....

6 Comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

My idols for dealing with teens:

Dr. Ray Guarendi
http://www.drray.com

He's a wonderful, commonsense, no nonsense type of parent (with 10 kids!),

and John Rosemond with his book TeenProofing

http://www.amazon.com/Teen-Proofing-Fostering-Responsible-Decision-Teenager/dp/0740710214

Kaye Butler said...

Gangster names are hard.

Let me think about it.

"Take it to the matresses" only line I know from the Godfather.

Dianne said...

Skeroack is my word verification. That sounds pretty gangsta to me!

teahouse said...

Oh, girls TOTALLY join the mafia! Remember how Big Pussy's wife totally took over his auto body shop after he was wached on The Sopranos, and the other housewives were gossiping about how she "put money on the street"? Your name should be Angie Bonpensiero!!

Kari said...

Ugh... Godfather.

Logan tries to watch it everytime it comes on.

And "Take it to the matresses" is the only line I know as well due to the WONDERFUL movie You've Got Mail.

Anonymous said...

I don't get that mafia war thing.