Friday, February 20, 2009

the golden arches

OK, now that I have moved on from the whining about the job thing lets talk about the fast food industry......Who did not love McDonaldsas a kid? Heck, I was raised it on it...But you know the line in one of the Lethal Weapons where Leo is telling Riggs "They f*** you at the drive thru... Truer words have never been spoken. Here are just a few of the things that irritate the crap out of me about this...Feel free to add yours.....


1. The chick taking the order who cannot hear me when I am screaming my order although the person 3 cars back can hear me and probably thinks what kind of pig am I ordering all that food (3 kids remember?) and I am the only one in the car....


2. When I say plain cheeseburger and they say do you want cheese on that? Forcing me to go into....YES, - just meat, cheese, and bread!!!! If I didn't want cheese I would have said a plain hamburger - DUH?


3. When I have to pull up and wait - because you know half the time they forget about you and the other half they are probably sitting in there arguing over who has to take it out to you...


4. and if I just had a dollar for every time I have thought and REALLY wanted to say...(why yes, actually I do want a cappuccino/apple pie, whatever but I wasn't going to tell you I just wanted you to guess...)No, if I wanted that crap I would have ordered it already, but gee thanks for asking.... (I know they are forced by their superiors to ask this probably, but damn isn't it annoying?)


5. When they screw up your order - I mean it really doesn't seem like rocket science - Chicken nuggets - check .....fries....check....


6. When they close the window on you and ignore you when you want something else...Like sauce you forgot to put in the bag....or a freaking straw for my drink maybe? Then everyone else behind you is all antsy because they are thinking why won't that lady go on she got her food already........

7. When they ask if the happy meal toy is for a boy or girl....You tell them and then get home and they gave you the wrong one....prompting a round of crying from kid which of course is futile trying to reason with said kid about the fact that it is only a cheap toy..you went for the food, not the toy,you are sorry and not going back, etc... blah, blah blah....making you really want to drive all the way back and shove wrong toy up their nose?

Just kidding Mcd's employees/former employees...please don't spit on my food...but can't we all relate?....Words of wisdom...ALWAYS check it before you pull away....(course most of you already know that one) So on a positive note here ....when months from now I am possibly begging to be employed by said establishment I promise to try and do better by you guys...

0 Comments: