Monday, February 9, 2009

kittens and rainbows

This is the rare "kittens, rainbows, and warm fuzzies" post you will not normally get from me - because that is just so not me.....However, indulge me this once....Probably because it's hard to remember the drama queen being sweet so I figure I better document this to look back on years down the road....


The other night I couldn't sleep so after laying there awhile trying to unsuccessfully force myself to go back to sleep I gave up and went to the living room to read a book on the couch.....About 45 minutes into my reading in that sweet little 2-yr. old voice....MaMa............Mama .........(Now mind you he is of course in our bed and his daddy is right beside him, but apparently cannot hear the screaming - right beside his head) so I wait a few minutes thinking he will realize his daddy is right beside him and go back to sleep...then.....Mama..........Mama.....so I give up, put my book down - head back to the bedroom and climb in the bed....He looks up and says Mama......Hold you Mama...(translated - hold me....) so I snuggled up to him and let him crawl in my arms and said I love you - he said UV you too mama........Can I hear a big ole' AWWWWWW? Almost makes up for the toilet, the microwave, the nail polish on the drama queen's comforter, and the calculator he broke the other day - well it's a good start anyway.....


Don't worry I'm not going soft, I'll be back in full force with the normal "tude" next post......

1 Comment:

Kaye Butler said...

Be strong... it could be a trick. They are all devious...don't let them suck you in....