Monday, February 23, 2009

Forget pork, Motorola Razor is what's for dinner...

I will admit, I am a little (OK, maybe more than a little) scatterbrained at times. If I do not set my keys in one of two designated areas whenever I come in they are completely lost and I will spend lots of time I don't have (because remember, I am late for everything) searching for them.....So this morning my cell phone goes missing.....

The frustrating thing about this is I used it this morning.....So, I know the ringer is turned on because a friend called me on it....So, I start my normal routine of using the home phone and calling it - which doesn't work.....So, I get Drama Queen's cell phone and walk all around the house calling it, which doesn't work.....Then, I go outside to the car and call it with Drama Queen's cell phone - thinking maybe it fell between the seats when I took the 2yr old to the babysitters.....So since it hasn't rang anywhere in the house I go to the toilet to make sure (I mean - 2 yr. old has mostly quit doing that - but, hey you never know....) fortunately it wasn't there....

I go ahead and call the husband, and my mom and tell them if they need me call Drama Queen's cell cause I can't find mine.....Now, I am not that popular of a person that I get tons of cell calls, but there is something comforting about having it, in fact I feel like inevitably something bad will happen if I don't have it (sick kid at school, car crash, the possibilities are endless.....) I did not worry about this quite as much with my former beloved gas guzzling Suburban because I had OnStar, but with this crappy Camry no OnStar (but I digress....) so I am starting to get ticked (of course a few fantasies about a new phone are running thru my head, but that would cost too much...)especially since I need to make a few phone calls, but the numbers are of course stored in my cell....I finally decide 2yr. old must have taken it to the babysitters (he likes to put stuff in his pockets...)or maybe I put it in his bag by accident....So logically just call the sitter and check right? - Nope her number is stored in missing cell phone.....So I have to call mom to call her mom (you can tell by now I am really having fun) but it doesn't seem to be there either.....

By this time I am thinking about all the stuff on my phone I will have to try to get again since it is just so obviously gone...(all the numbers that will have to be stored after of course I get half the numbers again...) and I know being an intelligent person with a college degree that it did not grow legs and walk off.....so for some strange reason (like when you have exhausted all possibilities looking for something and start looking the dumb places like the refrigerator) I pick up the lid on my pot on the coffee table (who knew the 2yr. old really only wanted a set of Kitchen Aid pots and pans for Christmas - not all those toys and crap...) and there of course is my cell phone. Apparently, cell service does not work inside metal pots with lids.....Obviously 2yr. old was once again taking care of tonight's dinner plans....Thanks again, son for that little bit of crazy we call "life at our house" this morning......

P.S. For those of you who have been trying to leave me comments I have totally jacked something up and I have no idea what I have done or better yet how in the he** to fix it, I have this cute new header I made and all kinds of fancy stuff to dress the blog up a little and none of it will work either, so keep trying to comment maybe at some point I will get it fixed, cause I do so enjoy ya'll's comments.....

P.S.S. I think I fixed it - You can leave me tons of comments now!!!

1 Comment:

jennisg said...

It's really working....Yeah, me!