Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Haircut remorse...

Haven't we all been there? Come on, admit it - a poodle perm or maybe a little too much sun-in? at some time or another we have all had a hairdo we would rather forget (I cannot say this for my 90's hair - I LOVE big hair - and keep hoping it will make a come back - which looks as if it will never happen...hey, a girl can dream) I am currently sporting my most recent (I do not want to mislead you that this is a first, but just the most recent) bad hair decision.....I had a wild hair that I would get my hair cut on Sunday. A very good friend of mine does my hair and also my mother's....So while she was coloring mom's I figured what the hell I will get a hair cut (I really must find a hobby, because I attribute this to shear boredom - my hair didn't really need to be cut) As I thumb thru some haircut magazines and pick out all the ones that will never work for my hair because all those models have thick, full hair and mine is thin and flat I stumble on one that is cute, so I say how bout this one, friend says yeah, and we could even go shorter if you want.


Now I must say I am not one of those people who goes and gets a cut then sets and cries about it or refuses to leave the house if they don't like it, because anyone who knows me will tell you I am one of the most laid back people in the world...(House is on fire, well, oh, okay let's pack a few things and go - Someone's bleeding? Eh, apply a little pressure and get the superglue...anyway...you get my point....) so I figured it's just hair right? Why not?


Why not? What the hell was I thinking? I am so not loving the new do....This is of course not at all my friend's fault and I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings because hey I am the one that asked (hell, and even paid for) the haircut, so I really have no one to blame but myself right? Yeah, yea me...I am an idiot...I do not like change - I am the person who rearranges her furniture and then puts it right back where it was (just ask the husband he got in on this fun at Christmas) so the haircut is a change, not even a positive one at this point.....It did look cute after she finished fixing it but I need remedial styling lessons. I absolutely cannot use a round brush without getting the damn thing stuck in my hair. So my point is since there is a waiting period to buy a gun how about a waiting period before drastic haircuts or anything more than just a trim which entails cutting off more than an inch or two...Did I mention how SLOW my hair grows? Yeah, I know it will grow...in a year or two....Hubby's comment when he saw it "You aren't pregnant are you?" (Which by the way was a total smart-ass question since he has had a vasectomy) to which I replied something like "Bite me"......

4 Comments:

Dianne said...

OK, we need pictures, and hairdreser names. You have to share this need to know information. I have thin, flat, slow growing hair too so take pity on me so I learn from your mistakes! Actually, I just want the dirt. My sister owns a salon in town. Was it them?

Kaye Butler said...

I agree with Dianne...WE NEED PICTURES.

Why is it that when we do something stupid or maybe we are just a little grumpy, the men want to know...ARE YOU PREGNANT OR IS IT YOUR TIME.

jennisg said...

Pictures, no way - share my shame with the world? (As if more than like 5 people read my blog....)I will say no it was not your sister's shop Dianne - my friend works out of town and I feel obligated to say again it was so not her fault - completely mine...and Kaye - those questions instantly put me in an even worse mood...funny how they don't realize that when they have the nerve to ask....

Dianne said...

Oh please. They know exactly what they are doing. Just think they can get away with it.