Friday, January 30, 2009

The microwave - so easy a 2yr old can do it...

The two year old has taken a break from his toilet flushing hobby and has moved on to "cooking" he has been doing this off and on for a few months, but he is really into it now... This does not bother me (even though it generally entails dragging out several of my clean pots and pans and dragging them across the floor to the living room where he "cooks" on my coffee table) because he is happy, occupied, and doesn't have his finger in a plug-in socket somewhere.....Drives husband crazy because he is all "He is dragging clean pots and pans out everywhere...they DO NOT belong in the living room - yeah, whatever take a pill or something....I am not one to discourage his creative play (that sounded all Dr. Spock and everything, didn't it?) and let's be honest, someone might as well be cooking around here.....


So this morning I go to the bathroom and leave him watching Diego then hear the sound of the microwave (and I'm all like huh? is that the microwave?Did it just beep?) OMG can I not even pee or crap in peace? I mean give me a minute here....for just a second!?! - (sorry I know TMI ) so I get up and in the kitchen I find Rhett standing on a blue plastic storage bin turned upside down with a kitchen towel in the microwave. Since he only hit the 30 second button it was already "cooked"...I start screaming NOOOOOO! Especially when I see what is in the other hand just waiting to be next......a battery (Where in god's name did that come from?)...Can you even fathom what that explosion would have been like? Definitely would have got my butt off the toilet quickly.....So when I say WHAT ARE YOU DOING? get away from the microwave.... He looks up and calmly says "Me cooking supper...." - Thanks son for taking care of that for me.....maybe for desert we will have a dump truck or Handy Manny's measuring tape.....

1 Comment:

Kaye Butler said...

I needed that laugh!

A little acid with your batter?