Thursday, January 22, 2009

im from tha ghetto

I have been reluctant too post about this because I did not want to offend anyone, but what the hell....(Plus it's hard to top toliet fun) but now I have decided I want some opinion's here so ya'll drop a comment whether I was wrong or not....Here goes...


I joined facebook (FB for simplicity) awhile back because I let teenage drama queen get a FB and I wanted to be able to see what she was doing (cuz I'm nosy an involved parent like that) so in doing so I have collected a few friends and it is fun sometimes to keep up with people from high school, etc....Anyway, so we are both friends with the mom of drama queen's former boyfriend....During the break-up process the mom changed her FB status to something like...WHY is he putting up with drama from HER? to which another friend had made some comments about no girl being worth it, etc....so drama queen comes and tells me (because her feelings are hurt) so I tell her oh that's no big deal (not really believing that is probably what it said)...then I get on FB and sure enough that's what it says...so I think about it...and I am absolutely not one to get involved in teenage drama because it changes too quickly (i.e. the person they hate one minute is their BFF the next - lots of back-stabbing,boyfriend stealing,etc...) but the more I think about it the madder I get, (something along the lines of OH...NO...SHE...DIDN'T..) until in fact I am just plum pissed....Just because it is an adult and my baby's feeling are hurt, so I decide I have to respond so trying to somewhat make light of it I change my status to something like "peeps need to stop talking about MY baby because there are two sides to every story" - childish - perhaps, but I felt the need to be mama bear protecting her cub....Was this wrong? was I just being antagonizing? JA (the jackass - my husband, remember?) says that was stupid, I need to stay out of it and I am acting jr. high and on top of that I sound like I am from the ghetto talking about "peeps"...this starts a round between us about me simply taking up for her and how he disagrees...we finally decide to agree to disagree (translation - he will not admit I am right he is wrong)...


In the end....the mom saw my status and sent me a message that she was not talking about drama queen but possibly a friend of her's that had called her son and was basically giving him grief on the phone (I did know that one of drama queen's friends had done this - again - jr. high - good times..)....so it was all just a big misunderstanding that was straightened out with no harm done...but did I do the right thing or was I setting a bad example? Go ahead, comment, you won't hurt my feelings (too much)...This did also bring home the point of what assuming does (makes an ass of U and me - right?) since drama queen just assumed she was been talked about...

2 Comments:

Kaye Butler said...

I think you were right in confrontgin the woman. If you are going to talk about someone's child, don't do it so dang public.

You never know what else could happen..i.e. mom that was pretending to be the boyfriend and calling that young girl all kinds of names on myspace, and the young girl finally hung herself...

You were right to stay on top of the matter.

Dysd Housewife said...

I would've just slapped her. Cuz I am all about Junior High... LOL
Yo. Word.