Thursday, January 15, 2009

Toliet fun

The walking-talking temper tantrum has a new hobby....putting things in the toliet and flushing them...Now, I know most kids do this at some time or another - but my other kids were not quite as fascinated by this as he is... Nor were they as stubborn...Rhett has gotten in trouble for this before, but nothing on the magnitude of this....Tuesday night teenage drama queen says "Oooo Mom you better come see what Rhett has done" so I go to the bathroom to find Handy Manny's saw, a battery, and part of a dump truck in the toliet bowl...To which I promptly say..."Len, can you come here......" Sorry, call me sexist, lazy, whatever, but unless I am the only one home I ain't digging in the toliet bowl, that sounds like manly man work to me.... This is what Len easily collected from the toliet bowl:

Now what couldn't so easily be removed:

Yep, that is a dump truck peeking out of the toliet....So after much screaming and several words that would make a sailor blush...Len goes to work....


After even more words that would make a sailor blush....and some more.....yep, and a few more....VICTORY....

and yes, for those of you observant ones that WAS (notice the past tense) my kitchen tongs...In hindsight it probably was not helpful that drama queen and I were trying very hard not to laugh our a**es off - her because she knew she could get beat or grounded, me because I knew he would get even more mad and probably say screw it get it out yourself....But come on how can you not find humor in that (unless I guess you are the one digging around in the toliet bowl....)

So after that you would think I might be a little more observant when Rhett is around right, yeah, well yesterday morning while reading blogs, checking my email, ignoring my 2 yr old while he was supposed to be watching cartoons, I hear a flush and he says it's gone.....Not a good sign, I jumped up and yelled NO, get out of the bathroom, What is gone?" to which I never got an answer and apparently what if anything is long gone now....wonder what else Handy Manny might be missing?...He also has developed a fondness for throwing things in the trash, which is where I found a clean pair of my underwear that disappeared while I was folding clothes....Good times people, Good times.....

6 Comments:

Dysd Housewife said...

Hey! just found your blog, love it :) I am putting it on my blogroll, cuz you are FUNNY! And by the way, my son was a fork chucker. Yep. We were down to 4 forks, when I finally realized he'd been throwing them away..

Dianne said...

I am most impressed with the pics of hubby. No butt crack! How do you do it? Ours flushed a new bar of soap. No, it does not dissolve. No, it will not come out. Yes, you have to DIG it out, piece by piece.

The Hylle Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennisg said...

Dysd Housewife - Thanks! The best part is this is truly my life, I mean could anyone really make up stuff so good?

Dianne - Rest assured if butt crack had been involved, I would so not have taken nor tortured anyone with pictures...

Milena - Oh yeah go for it, keeps life interesting!

Kaye Butler said...

We moved into this house 10 years ago. The girls used to worship the ground I walked on, treated me like a super star. Not so much now...I digress.

I'm getting ready one Saturday morning to go shopping and I do like to dress up a little. I beleive we were going with Dianna and her girls to Jonesboro. I thought my little wedding ring set was the most beautiful set I had ever seen. So did the girls, they were always playing with them. I'm searching. I can only find the band.

Mary Margaret finally confesses they were playing with them in the bathroom. I said wear and she pointed to the toilet. I looked, fished and found nothing. Taylor was playing with them while she was using the toilet and dropped them. Neither child wanted to put their hand in the toilet so they flushed it , thinking the stinky would go down and my ring would stay put.

Taylor get's to play in the septic tank when I die for her inheritance.

Kaye Butler said...

Did you notice all the misspelled words...Gees I'm an idiot.