Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ryder Gage

In other excuses why I have not posted in so long....I have a new nephew...and spent one loooong evening awaiting his arrival, for which I got to be in the delivery room - which is always fun if you aren't the one in pain trying to push out something the size of a watermelon from your vajay-jay....(oops, that was probably a little too graphic for some readers..) But, my future sister-in-law did an awesome job and was quite a trooper (GO, Natty!) He is most possibly the cutest baby ever and even has a head full of hair (which I was jealous of because none of my kids ever did...) I am enjoying this for many reasons:

  1. I can spoil him and send him home - I held him sleeping in my arms for a few hours at the hospital - in fact until Len called and said "Put that baby down, come home and spend some time with Rhett and you will remember why we are never having another one" - or something to that effect...
  2. I am watching my brother become a very hands-on, loving & caring daddy
  3. He is SOOO cute (oops, I mentioned that already didn't I)
  4. I absolutely cannot wait to buy him all the shit you hate when people buy your kids (you moms know exactly what I mean: Play-Doh, noisy toys, toys that have two million pieces to be put together....etc......) for which he will love me and my brother and sister-in-law will cuss me...

Yep, being an aunt is gonna be pretty fun.....

2 Comments:

Kaye Butler said...

Congratulations Aunt Jenni...

Um...some kids come to visit their Aunts and Uncles and never leave...

Thanks for inviting the girls...they seemed to have a great time.

carabeth said...

although ethan may not technically be your nephew, i for one am still cussing the big ass stuffed tigger you gave him once...it had to make a quiet exit in a giant black trash bag (as he is his father's son and wants to keep everything he has ever owned)...the new parents better look out!